The Gut Microbiome in the Context of Chronic Inflammatory Disease
Research at the Lynch lab focuses primarily on the human microbiota in both respiratory and gastrointestinal tracts, environmental microbial exposures that shape its development and its role in chronic inflammatory diseases.
- Leverage the gut microbiome to predict disease risk
- Identify early-life pathogenic community states and the underlying mechanisms of disease genesis
- Leverage gut microbiome data to explain clinical and immunological outcomes within specific chronic inflammatory disease indications
- Identify networks of pathogens and their mechanisms of immune activation
- Determine relationships between the gut microbiome and treatment
Develop rationally designed probiotic and synbiotic cocktails for induction of immune tolerance